For many rural business owners this week s Budget brings the prospect of significant new inheritance tax liabilities, Clive Beer of Savills Rural Professional business looks at the detail.
What does IHT stand for?
IHT stands for Inheritance Tax (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IHT
We have 68 other meanings of IHT in our Acronym Attic
- In Home Support Waiver
- Institut für Human- und Sozialwissenschaften (Vienna, Austria)
- Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association
- In His Service and Yours (documentary on military chaplains)
- I Hate This
- I'd Hit That
- Ideal Handler Time
- Imperial Hotel, Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- In-Home Therapy
- In-House Training
- Innovative Home Theaters, Inc (Orlando, FL)
- Institution of Highways & Transportation (UK)
- Instituto Hondureño de Turismo (Spanish: Honduran Institute of Tourism)
- Intermediate Handling Test (Royal Air Force pilot training)
- Intermittent Hypoxic Training (altitude simulation)
- International Herald Tribune (newspaper)
- Iraqi High Tribunal (court)
- Iron Horse Trail (California)
- I Hasten To Add
- I Have To Admit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The house isn't above the inheritance tax threshold.
THOSE who fall inside new inheritance tax thresholds can avoid unnecessary payments with simple planning, according to a local expert.
Byline: Jon Griffin A BIRMINGHAM wealth specialist has warned of the growing dangers of the inheritance tax trap in 2011 as more and more people become liable for a 40 per cent levy.
Therefore, we need to plan to protect your wealth from a potential inheritance tax liability.
IT is important we all challenge the Tory plan to raise the inheritance tax threshold, a policy that does nothing for 96% of families in this country.
Recent changes to inheritance tax have given it even more clout than previously but the downturn presents a good opportunity to transfer assets while they are at a relatively high value.