Clinical information systems aren't proven to be more efficient.
What does I/S stand for?
I/S stands for Information Systems
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of I/S
We have 96 other meanings of I/S in our Acronym Attic
- Identification of Position
- Instrument Panel (vehicles)
- Insurance/Pension Specialist
- Inphase and Quadrature
- Insurance Records (insurance)
- Internment/Resettlement (US DoD)
- Ischemia/Reperfusion (trauma)
- Income Statement
- Immature to Total (protein ratio)
- Inner Tank
- Item/Test Analysis Program (ACT, Inc.)
- Installation/Table of Distribution and Allowance
- Insert/Update/Delete (databases)
- Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (NSF program for partnership between universities and industry)
- Instantaneous Current/Voltage (also seen as I-V)
- Interpretation/Visitor Services (US National Park Service)
- Interest per Year
- Inspiration to Expiration (ratio; also seen as I/E)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The integration of these two best of class information systems bridges the gap in the coordination of care between existing clinical information systems and physician offices where efficient management of care has the greatest impact.
RAJAJI: Please describe how your management information systems organizations get involved in setting corporate strategy.
Early information systems for physicians concentrated on billing and insurance claims.
Organized delivery system, capitation payments to providers, practice guidelines, and profiling of physicians' practice habits will all change the power structure in departments of information systems from one that favors financial processing for billing for procedures to clinical processing for clinical data collection, communication, and analysis to make health care services as efficient and effective as possible.
For the past two years, as Medical Director of both Clinical Information Systems and the Critical Care Medical Unit at UMMC in Ann Arbor.