95 IEEE PCS professional engineering communication series; 2 T58 Conversations at the 2008 International Professional Communication Conference in Montreal led to a project to gather perspectives on information overload from such fields as communication, information, journalism, linguistics, and psychology.
What does IOL stand for?
IOL stands for Information Overload
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IOL
We have 56 other meanings of IOL in our Acronym Attic
- Idhu Oru Kadhal Kathai (film title)
- Inter-Organisational Knowledge-Network (Europe)
- Independent Order of Knights of Pythias (sword society)
- Instant Office Kit for Psychotherapists (software)
- Instituttgruppe for Oslo Kommunale Sykehus (Norwegian: Department Group of Oslo Municipal Hospitals)
- Ideas on Liberty (Foundation for Economic Education)
- India Office Library
- Indian Oxygen Limited
- Induction of Labor (childbirth)
- Information Operations Laboratory
- Initial Outfitting List
- Input Output Library
- Installation Management Agency Online (US Army financial system)
- Instant On Lighting
- Institute of Licensing (London, UK)
- Institute of Linguists
- Insurance Ombudsman of Ireland
- Integrity Online (ISP)
- Inter-Organisational Learning
- Intermittent Operating Life (electronics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If there's one thing that I hear over and over from the experts, including the IABC Research Foundation's think tank, it's that information overload is affecting everyone.
And organizations directly involved in financial statement preparation said the issue of information overload and disclosure effectiveness needed to be addressed at a more fundamental level and should involve the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the American Institute of CPAs.
Abstract INFORMATION OVERLOAD IS A PROBLEM for all those involved in research but seems especially threatening to interdisciplinary research.