In 1994 an Information Highway Advisory Council (IHAC) was established.
What does IHAC stand for?
IHAC stands for Information Highway Advisory Council
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHAC
We have 10 other meanings of IHAC in our Acronym Attic
- India HIV AIDS Alliance
- Intrahepatic Hepatic Artery Aneurysm (cardiovascular medicine)
- International Human Rights Association of American Minorities
- I Have A Boyfriend
- Information Highway Applications Branch (Canada)
- I Hate Abbreviations Because I Can Never Remember What They Stand For
- Intracellular Hyaluronic Acid Binding Protein
- I Have A Customer
- Industrial Health Advisory Committee
- Industry Hills Aquatic Club (City of Industry, CA)
- Inhouse Appraisal Corporation
- Institute for the History of Ancient Civilizations (Changchun, China)
- Intergovernmental Higher Academic Council (Russia)
- International Historic Automobile Club
- International Humanitarian Aid Concern
- Institute of Heating and Air Conditioning Industries, Inc.
- I Have a Dream (foundation; various locations)
- Indian Hill Athletic Department (Ohio)
- Interagency Homeland Air Defense
- Improved Hypercube Adaptive Diagnosis Algorithm
Samples in periodicals archive:
In September 1995, the Information Highway Advisory Council noted that there are problems of enforcement on the Internet because of jurisdictional boundaries and recommended the negotiation of international agreements (Connection Community Content: The Challenge of the Information Highway: Final Report of the Information Highway Advisory Council, September 1995).
5) To meet such a compelling need to develop Canada's information capabilities, the Honourable John Manley, Minister of Industry, formed an Information Highway Advisory Council (IHAC) to advise government on a national strategy for development.