And even if you don't know your Infinite Improbability Drive from your Vogons, don't panic, because Hitchhiker's is a movie that everyone will love - not just the anoraks.
What does IID stand for?
IID stands for Infinite Improbability Drive (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IID
We have 77 other meanings of IID in our Acronym Attic
- International Ice Cream Vending Company, Inc. (Huntington Woods, Michigan)
- International Interdisciplinary Congress on Women
- International Islamic Committee for Woman and Child (Egypt)
- International Ice Charting Working Group
- Ignition Interlock Device (automotive security system)
- Imperial Irrigation District (California)
- Improvised Incendiary Device
- Independent & Identically Distributed (statistics)
- Indian Institute of Design (New Delhi, India)
- Indian Institute of Development
- Information for Investment Decisions, Inc.
- Infrared Intrusion Detection
- Institute for Interreligious Dialogue
- Instituto de Investigación de Diabetes (Spanish: Diabetes Research Institute)
- Insulin Independent Diabetes
- Integrated Information Display
- Integrated Infrastructure Development
- Integrated Interoperability Demonstration
- Interface Identifier (Component Object Model)
- Internal Investigations Division (law enforcement; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Familiarity with the concepts of the infinite improbability drive and agreement that the existence of the Babylonian babble fish proves there is a God, is a prerequisite to programming a single line of code.