While previous accounts of the invasion of Peleliu have focused on the role of the First Marine Division, which began the operation but was evacuated before the island was won, this book sheds new light on the 81st Infantry Division's tactical maneuver units and challenges the view that the 81st Infantry Division merely mopped up an already broken enemy.
What does ID(L) stand for?
ID(L) stands for Infantry Division (Light)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Iraqi Dinar (unit of currency)
- Irrigation Department (Myanmar)
- Irvine Dataflow
- Issue Date
- Item Designator
- Izquierda Democrática (Democratic Left, Ecuador)
- We're in Demand (an old Id Software's slogan)
- Identification Detect & Track
- Interdirector Designation
- Induced Draft Fan
- Identity Federation Framework (Liberty Alliance)
- Intelligent Design Flying Spaghetti Monster
- Intelligent Design Flying Spaghetti Monster (evolution theory)
- ISo-Diffracting Gaussian Beam
- Type-I Iodothyronine Deiodinase
- Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quality
- Infectious Disease-Laser Based System (SerOptix; Woburn, MA)
- Iso-Diffracting Pulsed Beam
- Identifier-Based Public Key Cryptography (CESG)
- Indefinite Delivery Requirements Contract
Samples in periodicals archive:
224 HEAVY MORTAR COMPANY, 40TH INFANTRY DIVISION (1952-53)--September 24-28, 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada, Contact Bob Humble, Phone (626) 966-6897, Email RIH1930@verizon.
The 3rd Infantry Division was the first division to cross the border from Kuwait to Iraq during the initial war in 2003.
The 45th Infantry Division Association (Thunderbirds) will hold its annual reunion September 29 to October 5, 2005 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Unit input and lessons learned came from 4th Infantry Division testing and implementation of the Army's former digital logistics systems, the Stryker Brigade's use of the logistics common operating picture (LCOP) process, and user jury feedback from the 3rd Infantry Division.