A Sonardyne SPRINT system was installed on one of Oceaneering's Maxximum ROVs and integrated with a Sonardyne Ranger 2 Ultra Short Baseline (USBL) system for acoustic aiding of the Inertial Navigation System (INS).
What does INS stand for?
INS stands for Inertial Navigation System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INS
We have 170 other meanings of INS in our Acronym Attic
- Improved NADGE Station
- In Nomine Satanis (roleplaying game)
- Independent NECA (National Exchange Carrier Association) Services, Inc.
- independent news service
- Indian Naval Ship
- Indian Newspaper Society (New Delhi, India)
- Indie Night School (podcast)
- Indigenous Names Survey (Canada)
- Indirect Sourcing (Nokia)
- Inelastic Neutron Scattering/Spectrometer
Samples in periodicals archive:
In September Northrop Grumman unveiled its new Mk 39 Mod 4A ring laser ship's inertial navigation system (Sins), which is the latest iteration of the Mk 39 family based on the company's ring laser gyro technology.
9781608070787 Inertial navigation systems analysis.
Prithvi- II, a highly sophisticated single stage liquid propelled missile, is equipped with inertial navigation system.
The brochure says further that today, the high-resolution GEO PIG mechanical caliper tool combines an advanced inertial navigation system, mechanical caliper arms and other sensors to provide the user with the most accurate assessment of pipeline curvature strain, dents, wrinkles, buckles and other in-line features.