The capable Feil moved up in Customs and to the Tariff Board in 1974, just as it was being transformed into the Industries Assistance Commission by the Whitlam Government and its zealous head Alf Rattigan was attempting a systematic demolition of the tariff protection regime behind which lived the Australian manufacturing sector.
What does IAC stand for?
IAC stands for Industries Assistance Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAC
We have 595 other meanings of IAC in our Acronym Attic
- Indirect Air Carrier
- Individual Activity Code (electronic access code)
- Individual Assistance Center (US FEMA)
- Individual Augmentee Coordinator
- Indochinese-American Council
- Indoor Athletics Centre (UK)
- Industrial Accident Commission
- Industrial Analysis Centre (Canada)
- Industrial Application Center
- Industrial Arbitration Court (Singapore)
- Industry Advisory Committee
- Industry Advisory Conference (Ul)
- Industry Advisory Council
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel (law)
- Infidels Are Cool (political blog)
- Information Analysis Center (DACS)
- Information Assurance and Compliance
- Infostructure Architecture Council (USAF)
- Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- Infrastructure as Code (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Industries Assistance Commission (now the Productivity Commission) played a key role in influencing and supporting the reform process through its many reports on issues such as industry protection, microeconomic reform and reform in the public sector.