The union said it "strongly disagreed" with the Justice Secretary's reliance on medical evidence provided by the Chief Medical Officer and the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council.
What does IIAC stand for?
IIAC stands for Industrial Injuries Advisory Council (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IIAC
We have 23 other meanings of IIAC in our Acronym Attic
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Louisiana
- Independent Insurance Agents Brokers of New Hampshire (Concord)
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York Inc
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Oregon (Portland, OR)
- Independent Insurance Agents Brokers of South Carolina (Columbia)
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Washington (Bellevue, WA)
- Idiopathic Infantile Arterial Calcification
- If It's Any Consolation (message boards and text)
- Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (1908-1970)
- Incheon International Airport Corporation (South Korea)
- Information Integration and Analysis Center
- Investment Industry Association of Canada (professional association)
- Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- International Institute of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (Uganda)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Central New York (Syracuse, NY; professional advancement group)
- Independent Institute for Administration and Civil Society Studies
- Independent Insurance Agents of Delaware, Inc.
- Indian Institute of Arts and Design (New Delhi, Delhi, India)
- Inverse-Increase/Additive-Decrease (algorithm)
- Indiana Independent Auto Dealers Association (est. 1987)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The union said it strongly disagreed with the Justice Secretary''s reliance on medical evidence provided by the Chief Medical Officer and the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council.
Mr Straw told MPs reports on the effects of the condition had been produced by the Chief Medical Officer's expert adviser and the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council following a House of Lords decision in 2007 which ruled that compensation should no longer be paid for the condition.
The motion says the Government should implement the recommendations of the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council - which provides guidance to ministers - over the condition, which would make "it possible for this group of mainly elderly disabled workers to claim industrial injury disablement benefit".
Ministers have decided to act on the recommendation from the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council, that coal miners with the disease who have worked underground for 10 years or more should be able to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
The scrapping of the X-ray test follows advice from the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council.
The changes have been made following recommendations of the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council.
New recommendations by the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council have been accepted by the Minister for Employment and Welfare Reform.