In 1902 the Industrial Arbitration Court was established and the Labor Party was able to remove 'compulsory arbitration' from its fighting platform.
What does IAC stand for?
IAC stands for Industrial Arbitration Court (Singapore)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IAC
We have 595 other meanings of IAC in our Acronym Attic
- Indirect Adaptive Control
- Indirect Air Carrier
- Individual Activity Code (electronic access code)
- Individual Assistance Center (US FEMA)
- Individual Augmentee Coordinator
- Indochinese-American Council
- Indoor Athletics Centre (UK)
- Industrial Accident Commission
- Industrial Analysis Centre (Canada)
- Industrial Application Center
- Industries Assistance Commission
- Industry Advisory Committee
- Industry Advisory Conference (Ul)
- Industry Advisory Council
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel (law)
- Infidels Are Cool (political blog)
- Information Analysis Center (DACS)
- Information Assurance and Compliance
- Infostructure Architecture Council (USAF)
- Infrastructure Advisory Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, the Industrial Arbitration Court recently ruled on a dispute between Singapore Airlines and Alpa-S, the airline pilots' association (see box).
Both parties have failed to reach an agreement over wage cuts and compulsory unpaid leave, thus prompting the airline to submit the dispute to the Industrial Arbitration Court for arbitration.