Indomethacin is a potent nonselective cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitor used for numerous indications in rheumatology and rehabilitation clinics.
What does INM stand for?
INM stands for Indomethacin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INM
We have 47 other meanings of INM in our Acronym Attic
- International Network for Learning and Teaching (est. 1999)
- Lutheran Inhibitor (blood group system)
- Infrastructure and Land Use Committee (Miami-Dade County Commissioners)
- Interactive Non-Linear Undo and Versioning (compatibility standard for software interconnection; Ted Nelson project)
- International Network of Liberal Women
- I Need Money
- Iglesia Ni Manalo (Philippines)
- Imbokodvo National Movement (Swaziland)
- Independent News and Media
- Inner Nuclear Membrane (protein)
- Inspector of Naval Material
- Installation & Maintenance Instructions
- Institute for Natural Medicine
- Institute for Not-For-Profit Management (Columbia Business School)
- Institute of Naval Medicine (Royal Navy)
- Instituto Nacional de Meteorológica (Spain)
- Instituto Nacional de Migración (México)
- Integrated Network Management
- Integrated New Media
Samples in periodicals archive:
They revealed that gastric lesions in the rats were induced by noxious chemicals including ethanol, strong alkalis, indomethacin and hypothermic restraint stress.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The nutritional supplement zinc L-carnosine protects the upper-gastrointestinal tract against damage often caused by the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indomethacin (Indocin[R]), according to a recent report.
We show that indomethacin while not affecting the LPS-induced enhancement in cPL[A.
However, the increased risk in current users of indomethacin was only partially and nonsignificantly reduced, such that patients on concomitant aspirin and indomethacin still had a 20% increased risk, he explained.