Unlike the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504 does not require the school to provide an individualized educational program (IEP) that is designed to meet the child's unique needs and provides the child with educational benefit.
What does IEP stand for?
IEP stands for Individualized Educational Program (various schools)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IEP
We have 255 other meanings of IEP in our Acronym Attic
- International Engine of the Year (Award)
- Immune Enhancement Project (San Francisco, CA)
- Immune Enhancing Peptide
- In English, Please
- Independent Energy Producers
- Independent Evaluation Plan
- Independent Expert Panel
- Individual Education Plan (various locations)
- Individual(ized) Education Plan (aka Individual(ized) Education/al Program)
- Industrial Electronic Products (Switzerland)
- Information Exchange Program/Project
- Ingestion Exposure Pathway
- Initial Election Period (US Medicare)
- Initial Enrollment Period (Medicare; US DHHS)
- Initial Entry Party (first military HAZMAT reconnaissance in hot zone)
- Innovative Employee Programs
- INPUT Executive Program (contracting membership program)
- Inspection Éducation Primaire (French)
- Installation Engineering Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, the school is operating in full capacity providing individualized educational programs to 43 students.
Thus, school counselors who are uncomfortable with students with disabilities might choose to avoid participating in Individualized Educational Program meetings and/or rely on other school personnel to address those students' academic, career, and personal/ social needs.
Sample evaluations and Individualized Educational Programs are provided in the appendix.
Progress reports convey student progress toward Individualized Educational Program (IEP) goals and state standards.
Each student had a current Individualized Educational Program (IEP) and met the Michigan criteria for Specific Learning Disability (R340.
Curriculum demonstration: "Switched on SchoolHouse" will feature interactive educational software that caters to home-school or individualized educational programs.