Thus, the haul-by-haul catch monitoring requirements of individual vessel quota managed fisheries may be difficult to achieve.
What does IVQ stand for?
IVQ stands for Individual Vessel Quota (fishing regulation; various nations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IVQ
We have 3 other meanings of IVQ in our Acronym Attic
- Interrupt Vector Prefix Register
- In Vitro-Produced with Serum (livestock)
- Inter Valley Pool Supply (Pomona, CA)
- Isolated Valvular Pulmonary Stenosis
- International Veterinary Pathology Slide Bank (University of Georgia)
- International Visa Passport Service Corporation
- Illinois Valley Public Telecommunications Corporation
- Instituut Voor Permanente Vorming (Dutch: Institute of Continuing Education; Belgium)
- Iterative Virtual Power Weighted (algorithm)
- Iterative Virtual-Uplink Power Weighted (algorithm)
- Integration, Validation, Qualification (telecommunications)
- International Vocational Qualification
- Interpolative Vector Quantization
- Interrupted Very Quick (slang)
- inventory vendor quality
- Idioventricular Rhythm
- Image-based Virtual Reality
- Immersive Virtual Reality
- In-Vessel Retention (nuclear power plants)
- Institute for Volunteering Research (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fact, misreporting and overfishing plagued the early years of one of the earliest individual vessel quota programs - the 4WX herring fishery in Atlantic Canada (Stephenson et al.