Indium-gallium-arsenide is among several promising semiconductors being studied to replace silicon.
What does InGaAs stand for?
InGaAs stands for Indium-Gallium-Arsenide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Iraqi National Guard
- Isaac Newton Group (of Telescopes)
- Islamic Networks Group
- Internationale Nederlanden Groep Real Estate European Industrial Fund (Internationale Nederlanden Groep NV; Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Inhibitor of Growth 1 (potential tumor suppressor gene)
- Indian National Gamma Array (Inter University Accelerator Centre; New Delhi, India)
- Indiana Nut Growers Association
- Instituto Nacional de Garantia Agrária (Portugal)
- International Network on Genetics in Aquaculture
- Interstate Natural Gas Association of America
- Indium Gallium Arsenide Phosphide
- Ishyirahamwe Nyarwanda Rigirinama Abahinzi Borozi
- Institute of Government Accounts and Finance (India)
- Indium Gallium Nitride
- Indium Gallium Phosphide
- Industria Galvanizada Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Immediate New Generation Army Targetry Systems
- International Non Governmental Coalition Against Tobacco
- Idiopathic Neonatal Giant Cell Hepatitis
- Inside the Global Economy (video series)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 microns and a specialized indium-gallium-arsenide array as the photodetector.
The fins are made not of silicon, like conventional transistors, but from a material called indium-gallium-arsenide.