Because LEDs are semiconductor chips (albeit ones usually made of indium gallium nitride instead of silicon) they benefit from Intel co-founder Gordon Moore's famous pronouncement that the number of transistors per square inch doubles every 18 months.
What does INGAN stand for?
INGAN stands for Indium Gallium Nitride
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Inhibitor of Growth 1 (potential tumor suppressor gene)
- Indian National Gamma Array (Inter University Accelerator Centre; New Delhi, India)
- Indiana Nut Growers Association
- Instituto Nacional de Garantia Agrária (Portugal)
- International Network on Genetics in Aquaculture
- Interstate Natural Gas Association of America
- Indium Gallium Arsenide Phosphide
- Ishyirahamwe Nyarwanda Rigirinama Abahinzi Borozi
- Institute of Government Accounts and Finance (India)
- Indium Gallium Phosphide
- Industria Galvanizada Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Immediate New Generation Army Targetry Systems
- International Non Governmental Coalition Against Tobacco
- Idiopathic Neonatal Giant Cell Hepatitis
- Inside the Global Economy (video series)
- International Noble Gas Experiment
- Institute for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Tehran, Iran)
- Inspección General de Cooperativas (Guatemala)
- Input Geographic
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two layers of indium gallium nitride, one tuned to a band gap of 1.
The surface-emitting laser sandwiches an indium gallium nitride luminous layer between two layers of oxides.