Of particular interest are a condolence letter, written by Emile Roux from Institute Pasteur to the widow of Joseph Hamoir, with whom Emile Roux worked on rinderpest, and a group photo, including Robert Koch, of his visit to the Imperial Veterinary Laboratory (currently Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Mukteshwar, India) in 1897 where he conducted experiments to immunize cattle with the bile taken from an animal that had succumbed in a virulent outbreak of rinderpest.
What does IVRI stand for?
IVRI stands for Indian Veterinary Research Institute
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IVRI
We have 1 other meaning of IVRI in our Acronym Attic
- Introduction to Vision and Robotics
- Intelligent Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (Intelligent Hearing Systems)
- International Veterinary Radiology Association
- Intravenous Regional Anesthesia
- Iowa Valley Resource Conservation and Development Corp. (Amana, IA)
- Intra-Vehicular Remote Control Unit
- Intrinsically Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci
- Iron Vegans Raw Food Connection (Flushing, NY)
- Images and Visual Representation Group (Switzerland)
- In-Vehicle Route Guidance System
- Industrial Virtual Reality Institute (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Intelligent Vehicles and Road Infrastructure (transportation research network; various universities; Australia)
- In Vivo Release Kinetics
- Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University (Japan)
- Interval Valued Residuated Lattices
- Irish Virtual Research Library and Archive (University College Dublin)
- Idiopathic Verapamil-Responsive Left Ventricular Tachycardia
- Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program
- Indianapolis Violence Reduction Partnership
- Irvine Valley Regeneration Partnership (est. 1999; Ayrshire, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mishra could not be contacted for his comments on the fourth case, but other officials confirmed that viscera of the dead tigers had been sent to the Indian Veterinary Research Institute ( IVRI) in Bareilly.