Campbell, a Canada Research Chair and director of McGill University's Indian Ocean World Centre, shares in the preface of his ties to Madagascar and how he came across Griffiths's work on a research trip in 1978.
What does IOWC stand for?
IOWC stands for Indian Ocean World Centre (McGill University; Montréal, Quebec, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOWC
- Islands of the World
- Isle Of Wight
- I Oughta Went Around
- I Owe the World an Apology (humor)
- Idiots Out Wandering Around (band)
- Improving Our Workplace Award (University of Iowa)
- Information Operations, Warfare, and Assurance (est. 1996)
- Interpreted Objects for Web Applications
- Investigating Officer Workload Analysis (Metropolitan Police Service; UK)
- Iowa Online Warrants & Articles (law enforcement)
- Integrated Optical Waveguide Circuits
- International Occupation Watch Center
- International One World Crusade (religious organization)
- Isle of Wight Cruisers (UK)
- Issuing of Worthless Checks
- Isle of Wight County Schools (Virginia)
- International Organization for Women and Development, Inc.
- Input-Output Weight Enumerator
- International Office for Water Education (Utah State University)
- International Organic Wine Expo (est. 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
41 BV3625 Campbell, who was born in Madagascar to parents who were also, like Griffith, Welsh missionaries there, grew up in Wales and is now the director of McGill University's Indian Ocean World Centre.