The existence of the intergovernmental agency on tuna fish, the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC), headquartered in Victoria, Seychelles is a telling statement.
What does IOTC stand for?
IOTC stands for Indian Ocean Tuna Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOTC
We have 8 other meanings of IOTC in our Acronym Attic
- Interest on Trust Accounts
- Interface Océan - Terre - Atmosphère (Centre de Recherches en Physique de l'Environment Terrestre et Planetaire)
- International Occultation Timing Association
- International Office of Technical Assistance
- Internet of Things Association (forums)
- Internet Over the Air
- Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations
- Islands On The Air (ham radio)
- Isle of Thanet Arts (UK)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (movie)
- Infinite-Order Two-Component (theory)
- Information Operations Technology Center
- Initial Officer Training Course (UK)
- Institute on the Constitution (Pasadena, MD)
- International Omega Technical Committee
- International Operating Toll Centre
- Iraqi Oil Tanker Company
- Icon of The Day
- Image of the Day
- Invention Of The Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muscat: The Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC), an organ of the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), began five days of deliberations here on Saturday aimed at evaluating efforts to stem an alarming decline in tuna stocks in the Indian Ocean.
Bigeye tuna quota cut in Indian Ocean recommended TOKYO - The Science Committee of the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission has recommended cutting the catch quota for bigeye tuna, a popular food in Japanese homes and restaurants, in the ocean due to concerns about overfishing, committee members said Tuesday.
Other recent decisions by the council include its authorising the European Commission to negotiate amendments to the rules governing the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission.
The first step to solving this problem is for the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission to establish a program in which scientific observers are placed on board tuna purse-seine and longline vessels fishing in the WIO.