According to NOAA officials, future warnings could be enhanced by the creation of an Indian Ocean tsunami warning center that would deploy coastal tide gauges to measure the amplitude of waves near tsunami source areas such as fault zones and volcanoes, and would establish a communications infrastructure to send and receive alerts.
What does IOTWC stand for?
IOTWC stands for Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning Center
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Immediately Obvious to the Most Casual Observer
- Intuitively Obvious To the Most Casual Observer
- Indian Ocean Tuna Tagging Program
- Improved Outer Tactical Vest
- Interoffice Transfer Voucher
- I Own The World (website)
- Image of the Week
- Info on the Web (Louisville, CO)
- Insulator of the Week (forum)
- Islands on the Web (website; Radio Society of Great Britain)