Accordingly, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully operationalised two major satellite systems namely Indian National Satellites (INSAT) for communication services and Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites for management of natural resources; also, Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for launching IRS type of satellites and Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) for launching INSAT type of satellites.
What does INSAT stand for?
INSAT stands for Indian National Satellite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INSAT
- Instituto Nacional de La Salud (Spanish government health body)
- International Society for Agricultural Meteorology
- Institute for Sustainable Agriculture Nepal
- Institute of Strategic Analysis and Planning
- Institute of Strategic Analysis and Policy Research (Malaysia)
- Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (measures post-earthquake displacments)
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Search and Rescue Advisory Group
- Integrated Safety Assessment of Research Reactors
- Indian National Small Arms System
- Indian Students Association of Tallahassee (Tallahassee, FL)
- Information Network for Science and Technology (Guyana)
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie (Tunis, Tunisia)
- Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology (UK)
- Interim Shipyard Availability
- Indium Antimony (microwave integrated circuit)
- International Naval Surveys Bureau
- International Nursery School Belgrade (Belgrade, Serbia)
- Intelligence Security Board
- I'm Not Sure, But I Think
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was meant to augment the communication services currently provided by the Indian National Satellite System (INSAT).