The Community Periodontal Index of Treatment Needs (CPITN) developed and proposed by WHO, has been widely used to determine needs [Cutress et al.
What does IOTN stand for?
IOTN stands for Index of Treatment Need (orthodontics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOTN
We have 1 other meaning of IOTN in our Acronym Attic
- International Online Teachers Institute
- Indian Oil Tanking Limited
- I of the Mourning (Smashing Pumpkins song)
- Illusions of the Mind (gaming)
- Image of the Month
- Institute of Therapeutic Massage (Ohio)
- International Oligochaete Taxonomy Meeting
- Ion of the Month
- Immuno-Oncology Translational Network (US NIH)
- Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (UK)
- Independent Operational Testing Oversight
- Indian Ocean Tourism Organization
- Indian Ocean Treaty Organisation
- Internationaler Oekumenischer Templer Orden (German: International Ecumenical Knights Templar)
- Individual Outage Transmission Policy
- Internet Open Trading Protocol
- International Organization for the Transition of Professional Dancers (Switzerland)
- Iddy on the Run (band)
- Institute of Thai Researchers
- Input/Output Transition System (testing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At one time all children and some adults were eligible for treatment on the NHS but now orthodontists have to stick to the eligibility criteria set out in the Index Of Treatment Need.
At 5 years, participants had a complete oral examination, consisting of a caries assessment, a Community Periodontal Index of Treatment Needs diagnostic score on up to 10 teeth, and an oral hygiene questionnaire to evaluate oral health status.