Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon has announced that Somalia's new Independent Human Rights Commission will investigate the case, she said.
What does IHRC stand for?
IHRC stands for Independent Human Rights Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHRC
We have 16 other meanings of IHRC in our Acronym Attic
- International Human Resources Association
- International Human Rights Association (Delhi, India)
- International Human Rights Association of American Minorities
- International Human Rights Advocacy Center (University of Denver; Colorado)
- Iranian Human Rights Activist Groups
- Independent Health Record Bank
- Institute for Human Rights and Business (UK)
- Iowa Highway Research Board (Iowa Department of Transportation; Ames, IA)
- Icelandic Human Rights Center (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- Immigration History Research Center
- Indian Human Resource Center
- Indiana Horse Racing Commission
- International Human Rights Clinic (various universities)
- International Human Rights Council (various locations)
- International Hurricane Research Center
- Iranian Human Rights Consortium
- Islamic Human Rights Commission (UK)
- Institutional and Human Resource Capacity Building
- Institute for Human Rights and Development (various locations)
- Institute of Human Resources Development (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The failure to include representatives of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission and civil society further undermines the credibility of the taskforce.
KABUL (PAN): A presidential spokesman on Tuesday rejected as baseless the accusation that President Karzai had attempted to block the release of a report on war criminals compiled by the Afghanistan's Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC).
ISLAMABAD, July 01, 2011 (Frontier Star): National Assembly Standing Committee on Human Rights Thursday recommended the National Commission for Human Rights Bill, 2008 including the recommendations aiming to establish an independent Human Rights commission.
Zohra Yusuf, head of the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, said: "Our law enforcement agencies have truly become trigger-happy.
According to the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, last year targeted killings in Karachi claimed the lives of 237 political activities and 301 other civilians, while 81 people were killed in the year in gang fights.