In severe cases, they can even lead to sudden hearing loss, increased intraocular pressure, severe hypotension, heart attacks or strokes," she explained.
What does IOP stand for?
IOP stands for Increased Intraocular Pressure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOP
We have 160 other meanings of IOP in our Acronym Attic
- Internet Order of Old Farts
- I'm Out of Here
- Interactions of Oriented Molecules (symposium)
- Intelligent Organisation of PCI
- Integrated Ocean Observing System
- Isolated Open Operator Station (tractor)
- Integrated Orbital Operations Simulation Facility
- In Original Packaging
- In-Orbit Plane (US NASA)
- Inanimate Objects Party
- Increased Offertory Program (church offerings; various locations)
- Indirect Object Pronoun (education)
- Individual Oral Presentation (International Baccalaureate assignment)
- Individual Owner's Plan (surveying; Canada)
- Information Operations Platform (US Air Force)
- Informational One-Pager
- Infrastructure Optimization Project
- Inherent Optical Property
- Innocent Owner/Operator Program
- Input Output Processor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Either scenario could result in the increased intraocular pressure seen in most forms of glaucoma.
Increased intraocular pressure was investigated in a large case-control study of 9,793 patients who had the condition and 38,325 controls.