Rolland says that the collision of this wave with the ionosphere an upper layer of the atmosphere in which incoming solar radiation has ionized atmospheric gases - compresses it by as much as 10 percent.
What does INSOLATION stand for?
INSOLATION stands for Incoming Solar Radiation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INSOLATION
- International Nepal Solidarity Network
- International Network for Social Network Analysis
- Indian National Students Organisation (est. 2003; various locations)
- Insolvenzordnung (German insolvency law)
- International New Symphony Orchestra
- International Sudoku Organisation (UK)
- Iran National Standard Organization
- Iraqi National Symphony Orchestra
- Information Society (band)
- Incident Solar Radiation
- Inspirational Network
- Institut des Nanosciences de Paris (French)
- Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública (Spanish: National Institute of Public Health; Mexico)
- International Network of Street Papers (UK)
- International Network on Strategic Philanthropy
- International Nuclear Safety Program
- Internet Name Server Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Measurements of incoming solar radiation show that it has not increased in the past fifty years--in fact, the record even shows a small decrease.
Measurements of incoming solar radiation show that it has not increased in the past 50 years - in fact, the record even shows a small decrease.
Those particles scatter incoming solar radiation, preventing some of it from reaching Earth's surface and thereby cooling climate temporarily (SN: 11/5/05, p.
Others, such as sulfates from coal power plants, exert a cooling effect by reflecting incoming solar radiation back into space.
The weather stations measure rainfall, temperature, humidity, soil temperature, wind speed and direction, incoming solar radiation and outgoing radiation.
Two reflector type arrangements made up of aluminium are kept on either sides of flat plate collector to reflect the incoming solar radiation more effectively over entire UV spectrum thus increasing the performance of flat plate collector.