[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Intraoperatively, incision and drainage of the nasal septum released copious pus from the septal abscess, and a small piece of necrotic cartilage flowed out from the incision site.
What does I&D stand for?
I&D stands for Incision and Drainage (medicine)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I&D
- Issues & Criteria
- International & Cross-Cultural Evaluation
- International & Cross-Cultural Evaluation Topical Interest Group
- Implementation & Cutover
- Installation and Check Out
- Installation & Checkout Plan
- Industrial and Commercial Power Systems (Conference)
- Investigation and Censure Review Branch
- Indianapolis and Cincinnati Traction Company
- Inclusion and Diversity (Cisco)
- Innovation and Design
- Innovation and Development
- Inspection and Delivery (manufacturing process)
- Installation & Dismantle (trade show & convention exhibits)
- Integrate and Dump
- Integration and Development
- Intermediate and Depot
- Investigation & Development (various organizations)
- Irrigation and Debridement
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this article I give a technical description of the following procedures: fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB), cyst aspiration, core biopsy, punch biopsy, incision and drainage of lactational abscesses, excision biopsy of a breast lump and microdochectomy.
CASE HISTORIES Case 1 A 31-year-old otherwise healthy female patient presented for an incision and drainage of a facial abscess.
Aggressive treatment with incision and drainage in such cases is warranted, she said, noting that a limited incision site and the use of a Penrose drain are recommended in children.
A delay in obtaining CT should not prevent a surgeon from proceeding to early incision and drainage.
Aggressive treatment with incision and drainage in such cases is warranted, Dr.
A study in Texas showed that incision and drainage of abscesses due to community-associated MRSA was more effective management than administering antimicrobial agents alone, particularly since many patients were given ineffective antimicrobial agents (i.
[FIGURE OMITTED] The patient was subsequently taken to the operating room, where she underwent incision and drainage and quinsy tonsillectomy.