Two Major Incident Support Units from Clydebank and Kilmarnock, and the Scottish Ambulance Service's Special Operations Response Team, also attended.
What does ISU stand for?
ISU stands for Incident Support Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISU
We have 126 other meanings of ISU in our Acronym Attic
- International Society for Third World Aid
- In Spirit & Truth Worship Conference
- Introduction to Space-Time Wireless Communications (textbook)
- Industrial Science and Technology Working Group
- Industry Standard Two Wire Interface
- Institut des Sciences et Techniques des Yvelines (French institute of sciences & technologies in Versailles)
- I-Shou University (Taiwan)
- Idaho State University
- Ilinois State University
- Imam Sadiq University (Tehran, Iran)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two fire engines from Redditch, an environment protection unit from Worcester, and an incident support unit from Droitwich were sent to the factory, which manufactures electrical components.
A couple of fire crews from Leamington, two from the West Midlands Fire Service, and an incident support unit, were scrambled to the scene.
As it was reported as an air crash we sent two pumps, a heavy rescue unit, an incident support unit and a senior officer.
There are 10 fire engines, plus a major incident support unit, a mobile fire station and two aerial ladder platforms.
It took three hours for 15 fire crews and an incident support unit to contain the fire at the Go Waste site.
Two incident support units and ambulances were on stand-by.