Is it an inboard, outboard, inboard/outboard, or sail?
What does I/O stand for?
I/O stands for Inboard/Outboard (engine inboard, drive unit outboard)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I/O
We have 16 other meanings of I/O in our Acronym Attic
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Intimal/Medial (ratio)
- Intromission to Mounting (sexual activity)
- Intermediate/Medium-Range Ballistic Missile
- Injured/Non-Injured (ratio)
- Interference to Noise Ratio
- Intergraph/Network File Manager
- Idiot Operator (as in an I/O error) :-)
- In Out
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also tapped as CSeries suppliers are L-3 Aviation Recorders for the voice and flight data recording system; Liebherr-Aerospace Lindenberg for the complete landing gears system, Magnaghi & Salver for the composite inboard/outboard flaps, spoilers and main landing gear doors; Panasonic Avionics for the cabin management and passenger address system; Parker Air & Fuel Division for the fuel tank inerting system; Senior Aerospace BWT of Manchester for the low pressure air distribution systems; and Senior Aerospace SSP of California for the high pressure bleed air and ram air ducting systems.
They also study English composition, marine electricity, applied physics, inboard/outboard saildrive, and marine diesel.