In November 2012, SAGE recommended the introduction of at least one dose of inactivated polio vaccine into all routine immunization programs prior to the phase-out of oral polio vaccines.
What does IPV stand for?
IPV stands for Inactivated Polio Vaccine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPV
We have 74 other meanings of IPV in our Acronym Attic
- Infinite Platform Universe Union (gaming internet group)
- Illinois Performance Volleyball
- Impact Protection Vehicle
- Imperial Patrol Vessel (Star Wars)
- Imprimerie de Port Vila
- In Person Visit
- In Plaats Van (Dutch: instead of)
- In Plant Vacation
- In Public View (band)
- Independent Price Verification
- Individual Pressure Vessel
- Industrial Powered Vehicle
- Industrial Prime Vendor
- Infectious Pustular Vulvovaginitis
- Inland Presse Vertrieb (German: Domestic Press Distribution)
- Inner Product of Vectors (multi-criteria decision analysis)
- Instantaneous Peak Velocity
- Instrument Performance Validation
- Instrumentation Pressure Vessel
Samples in periodicals archive:
A global switch to inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) is critical and long overdue, however this transition is challenged by the increased cost of IPV, as well as the requirement for a needle to deliver IPV.
Australia began exclusive use of inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) in place of the Sabin oral polio vaccine on November 1, 2005.
Based on such trends, it is very likely that the WHO will shortly issue a position paper on inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), that will recommend countries using oral polio vaccine (OPV) to switch to IPV once 'eradication' is certified.
Aventis Pasteur, the human vaccines business of Aventis, has agreed to develop a candidate vaccine using a similar approach to that of the currently licensed inactivated polio vaccine.
In contrast, multiple doses of both OPV and inactivated polio vaccine are necessary, and the vaccines are quite labile.
In contrast, multiple doses of both OPV and inactivated polio vaccine are needed, and the vaccines are quite labile.