But NASA's Lidar In-space Technology Experiment (LITE) marks the first time a lidar has flown in space, says Patrick McCormick of NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va.
What does INSTEP stand for?
INSTEP stands for In-Space Technology Experiment (NASA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INSTEP
We have 1 other meaning of INSTEP in our Acronym Attic
- Instituti Shqiptar I Statistikës (Albanian Institute of Statistics)
- Istituto Nazionale Di Statistica (Italian Statistics Institute)
- International North-South Transport Corridor (proposed transport project, GUAM Community)
- Institute of Theology by Extension
- Instituto Teológico por Extensión (Guatemala)
- International Networks for Studies in Technology, Environment, Alternatives, Development
- Innovative Support to Emergencies, Diseases and Disasters
- International Society of Technical and Environmental Professionals, Inc. (Tallahassee, FL)
- Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges (European special purpose vehicle)
- Instrument Flight Training
- For Course of Instruction and Further Assignment
- Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitor (drug)
- Instituto Iberoamericano de Derecho Aeronáutico y del Espacio y de la Aviación Comercial (Spanish)
- Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (Portugal)
- Institutional Networks Corporation
- Institut National des Sciences et Technologies de La Mer (French: National Institute of Sciences and Technologies of the Sea, Tunisia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the same September shuttle flight, scientists will test a laser system designed to investigate atmospheric chemistry, Known as LITE, for LIDAR In-Space Technology Experiment, this pilot study will examine the composition of aerosols in the stratosphere and troposphere, gauge the altitudes of clouds, and measure the temperature and density of the upper atmosphere in the range of 10 to 40 kilometers.