The full fleet of four Galileo 10V satellites was designed and built by Astrium, the industrial prime contractor for the space segment, under contract to the European Space Agency (ESA) for the In-Orbit Validation phase.
What does IOV stand for?
IOV stands for In-Orbit Validation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOV
We have 23 other meanings of IOV in our Acronym Attic
- Immovable Object Unstoppable Force (martial arts DVD)
- Illinois OCLC Users Group
- Independent Oracle Users Group (Chicago, IL)
- Indiana Oracle Users Group
- International Oracle Users Group
- Intercontinental Open University for Global Change (Belgium)
- International Open University of Humanity, Health Science and Peace (UN)
- Input Output Utility Subsystem
- Intraoperative Ultrasound
- I/O Virtualization (allows multiple operating systems running simultaneously to share devices)
- Incandescent Oil Vapor
- Institute of Videography (UK)
- Internationale Organisation für Volkskunst (German: international organization for people art)
- Istituto Oncologico Veneto (Italian: Oncology Institute of Veneto; Veneto, Italy)
- International Organization for Victim Assistance (Newberg, OR)
- Iowa Organization for Victim Assistance (est. 1983; Des Moines, IA)
- Information Operations Vulnerability Assessment Division
- In Overcast
- Internet, Office, Voice, and CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Intravascular Oesophageal Variceal Pressure
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soyuz rocket from Baikonur in Kazakhstan launched the first 'Galileo In-Orbit Validation Element', GIOVE-A, on 28th December 2005, carrying a prototype rubidium atomic clock designed for the Galileo constellation.