These developments come particularly in the areas of specialized training for emergency and public safety officers, in-home supportive services, workforce development and volunteer opportunities for seniors.
What does IHSS stand for?
IHSS stands for In-Home Supportive Services (California Department of Social Services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IHSS
We have 24 other meanings of IHSS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (Canada)
- Illinois High School Rodeo Association
- Indiana High School Rodeo Association
- Iowa High School Rodeo Association
- Illinois Homeland Security Research Center (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; est. 2004)
- International Human Science Research Conference
- Iranian Helicopter Support and Renewal Company
- Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies (Northwestern University)
- Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis (cardiology)
- In Home Support Staff (healthcare)
- Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences (various locations)
- Integrated Healthcare Systems Simulation
- Integrated Humanitarian Settlement Strategy (Australia)
- Indiana High School Soccer Association
- Iowa High School Speech Association
- Illinois High School Scholastic Bowl Coaches Association
- Illinois High School Soccer Coaches Association
- Indiana High School Swimming Coaches Association
- International Healthcare Safety and Security Foundation
- Iowa High School Sports Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
[Figure omitted] A recent report by the California Legislative Analyst's Office found that about 83% of California In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) cases are age 45 and over; 25% are 45 to 64 years old; 58% are over 65; and 25% are over age 90 (LAO 2010).
This means that all Medicare and Medicaid benefits are immediately covered by the program, including, but not limited to adult day healthcare, primary care, in-home supportive services, drugs, specialists, nursing home care, hospital services, skilled home care, laboratory assessments and other diagnostic tests.
Final report for the Los Angeles In-Home Supportive Services Study.
However, the largest PAS program in the country, California's In-Home Supportive Services, does withhold taxes and provide worker's compensation for independent providers (Litvak et al.