In addition, the SSDL supports the Variable Message Format (VMF, MIL-STD-188-220); is Improved Data Modem (IDM) interoperable; and provides enhanced support to Combat Network Radio (CNR) and Digital Close Air Support (DCAS) missions.
What does IDM stand for?
IDM stands for Improved Data Modem
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IDM
We have 175 other meanings of IDM in our Acronym Attic
- Ian D Mead (Computer Solutions)
- Identity Driven Manager (HP)
- Identity Management
- Identity Manager (Novell)
- IDS Device Manager (Cisco)
- Ignition Diagnostic Module
- Image Definition Message
- Imaging Document Management (software)
- Immediate Deposit Machine (banking)
- In Dry Matter (food science)
- Incomplete Difference Matrix
- Inconet Data Management (Lebanon ISP)
- Indirect Materials
- Infant of a Diabetic Mother
- Infinity Digital Media (Sydney, Australia)
- Informatics and Marine Data
- Information and Data Management
- Information Dissemination Management (US DoD)
- Initial Decision Maker (American Institute of Architects)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CASS will integrate an improved multi-mode radar, digital map, dual embedded global positioning system/inertial navigation units, the improved data modem and new aircraft survivability equipment.
Army for approximately 300 Improved Data Modems (IDM) for installation on Army aircraft.