The event organised by Improv Everywhere started in New York in 2001 with just a handful of people, now the event happens in 50 cities, in around 25 countries around the world.
What does IE stand for?
IE stands for Improv Everywhere (comedy group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IE
We have 33 other meanings of IE in our Acronym Attic
- Internationales Design Zentrum (German: International Design Center; Berlin, Germany)
- Istrski Demokratski Zbor (Slovenian: Istrian Democratic Assembly)
- Instytut Dla Zjednoczonej Europy (Polish: Institute for a United Europe)
- Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail)
- Iced Earth (band)
- Id Est (Latin: That Is)
- Idle End
- Ignition Electrode
- Immediate Export (logistics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Improv Everywhere, a group describing itself as a New York City-based prank collective, organized the flash mob that had speople prancing past the subway turnstyles in their undergarments.
The No Pants Subway Ride was started out as an annual prank in 2001 in New York City by the Improv Everywhere group.
99 Hardcover PN6231 Improv Everywhere is a comedic performance art group based in New York City that carries out public pranks such as faking a street concert by the band U2 or overwhelming a Best Buy store with people dressed in Best Buy uniforms.
com/missions/the-no-pants-subway-ride/) Improv Everywhere that prides itself in "causing scenes.