Fossil fuel prices have been falling steadily from May but started rising again in late June with the implied volatility of West Texas Intermediate surging 29.
What does IV stand for?
IV stands for Implied Volatility (finance)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IV
We have 27 other meanings of IV in our Acronym Attic
- International Urban-Wildland Interface Code
- Integrated Urban Water Management
- Integrated Urban Waste Management Model Programme (Großpösna, Germany; EU)
- Integrated Urban Water Resources Management (various locations)
- Integrated Urban Water System
- Initiativkreis Umfassende Zahnerhaltung (German: Comprehensive Dental Care Initiative Group; Germany)
- 4 (Roman numeral)
- Cote d'Ivoire (formerly Ivory Coast)
- Current Voltage
- Immigrant Visa
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction In 1993, the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) was the first exchange to introduce an implied volatility index, called the VIX.
Finally, we consider a market model for volatility risks in which the at-the-money implied volatility is a state variable.
If a short position in implied volatility on a market is created and a subsequent sharp market decline results in much higher implied volatility, the value of the implicit short position in volatility could dramatically decrease.
At the time of settlement, the estimated implied volatility is entered into the Black-Scholes formula to determine the option price.
In the middle of the period, implied volatility on dollar-mark and dollar-yen options moved higher as the dollar-yen exchange rate fell 8.