The study showed a 29pct reduction in heart failure and mortality risk in patients who received an implanted cardiac resynchronization therapy device with defibrillator (CRT-D) compared to patients who received only an implanted cardiac defibrillator (ICD-only).
What does ICD stand for?
ICD stands for Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICD
We have 305 other meanings of ICD in our Acronym Attic
- Fundación Instituto de Cooperación al Desarrollo
- Ice Cream Division (various companies)
- iCube Development
- IED (Intelligent Electronic Device) Capability Description
- Image Capture and Display
- Image Creative Design (UK)
- Imitative Communication(s) Deception
- Immune Complex Dissociated
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Implantable Cardioverter Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last night the 39-year-old from Rhyl spoke for the first time since having an Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) fitted, by doctors at Liverpool's specialist Cardiothoracic Centre (CTC) The unit, fitted in October, is the size of a small fist.
Cost of Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator in 659 Patients With Ventricular Tachycardia or Fibrillation Number of Cost per Year Risk Factors (*) Of Life Saved None or one $614,000 Two or three $43,680 For all patients studied $145,209 (*)Risk factors were age 70 years or more, left ventricular ejection fraction of 35% or less, and New York Heart Association class III status.
In Wales, NHS officials say priority for Implanted Cardiac Defibrillators (ICDs) must be given to those who have already suffered a cardiac arrest when funding starts to runs out.
In North Wales, NHS officials say priority for Implanted Cardiac Defibrillators (ICDs) must be given to those who have already suffered a cardiac arrest.