The ceremony, which marked the 60th anniversary since the construction of the underground Imperial Headquarters began in Nagano's Matsushiro district, was organized by a nonprofit organization working to build a peace museum at the site.
What does IHQ stand for?
IHQ stands for Imperial Headquarters
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHQ
We have 2 other meanings of IHQ in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Health Policy Solutions
- International Heat Pipe Symposium
- Institute for Health Policy and Systems Research (Hong Kong)
- International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching
- Integrated High Performance Turbine Engine Technology
- Isolated Hydraulic Power Unit
- Internally Heated Pressure Vessel
- International Human Powered Vehicle Association
- International High Powered Wrestling
- Immunization History Questionnaire
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Japanese did not widely follow the emperor's order to surrender, issued on 14 August, until Imperial Headquarters made a subsequent broadcast.
What is happening is nothing other than information control of the kind exercised during World War II, when the Imperial Headquarters forced the media to carry only information announced by the government, says Miiwa, asserting that the authorities are using the SDF dispatch to Iraq to tighten their grip on information relating to military matters.
Referring to the government request, journalist Akihiro Otani said, ''I feel it's like going back to (the days of) the Imperial Headquarters making announcements.