1) Minister Kenney has now gone further than making public statements, and introduced a bill titled Balanced Refugee Reform Act in the House of Commons to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
What does IPRA stand for?
IPRA stands for Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IPRA
We have 37 other meanings of IPRA in our Acronym Attic
- Isolated Personnel Report
- Isolated Pressure Rise (air conditioner testing)
- Isopropyl (chemistry)
- Isoproterenol (cancer research)
- Item Performance Report
- in-process research and development
- Inprocess Review - High Level
- Inprocess Review - Low Level
- Inprogress Review for Requirements
- Illinois Park and Recreation Association
- In-Place Repairable Assembly
- Independent Police Review Authority (Chicago, IL)
- Independent Precision Radar Approach
- Indigenous People Rights Act of 1997 (Philippines)
- Information and Privacy Rights Administration (Canada)
- Inspection of Public Records Act (New Mexico)
- Integrated Probabilistic Risk Assessment
- Intellectual Property Restoration Act of 2001
- International Peace Research Association
- International Postgraduate Research Award (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On that date, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and its regulations came into effect.
Yet, critics say the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will make it easier for people to get into the country by broadening the definition of who tan apply for refugee status in Canada, and make it harder to remove those who are a security threat by awing further levels of appeal.
This period coincided with the debate on immigration reform in Canada, which began with the release of the 1996 report Not Just Numbers: A Canadian Framework for Future Immigration by Canada's Immigration Legislative Review Advisory Group and included the passing of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in 2001.