Throughout its history, the United States has had an uneasy relationship with immigrants, welcoming them when they're needed, passing restrictive laws when too many come too quickly, said Donna Gabaccia, director of the Immigration History Research Center at the University of Minnesota.
What does IHRC stand for?
IHRC stands for Immigration History Research Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHRC
We have 16 other meanings of IHRC in our Acronym Attic
- International Housewares Representatives Association
- International Human Resources Association
- International Human Rights Association (Delhi, India)
- International Human Rights Association of American Minorities
- International Human Rights Advocacy Center (University of Denver; Colorado)
- Iranian Human Rights Activist Groups
- Independent Health Record Bank
- Institute for Human Rights and Business (UK)
- Iowa Highway Research Board (Iowa Department of Transportation; Ames, IA)
- Icelandic Human Rights Center (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- Independent Human Rights Commission
- Indian Human Resource Center
- Indiana Horse Racing Commission
- International Human Rights Clinic (various universities)
- International Human Rights Council (various locations)
- International Hurricane Research Center
- Iranian Human Rights Consortium
- Islamic Human Rights Commission (UK)
- Institutional and Human Resource Capacity Building
- Institute for Human Rights and Development (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The "temporary" home for the Immigration History Research Center in an old coffee company warehouse lasted for twenty-five years
Paul, MN: University of Minnesota, Immigration History Research Center, 1994).