It will exempt certain categories of persons from the employment-based Green Card cap, including dependents of employment-based immigrant visa recipients, US STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) advance degree holders, persons with extraordinary ability and outstanding professors and researchers.
What does IV stand for?
IV stands for Immigrant Visa
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IV
We have 27 other meanings of IV in our Acronym Attic
- Network Intelligent Use Working Group (web standard)
- International Urban-Wildland Interface Code
- Integrated Urban Water Management
- Integrated Urban Waste Management Model Programme (Großpösna, Germany; EU)
- Integrated Urban Water Resources Management (various locations)
- Integrated Urban Water System
- Initiativkreis Umfassende Zahnerhaltung (German: Comprehensive Dental Care Initiative Group; Germany)
- 4 (Roman numeral)
- Cote d'Ivoire (formerly Ivory Coast)
- Current Voltage
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tucked away in a picturesque corner of New England amid towering pines, historic buildings and seagoing vessels, the National Visa Center (NVC) is one of the first steps for most immigrant visa applications.
Because of a reallocation of costs associated with immigrant visas, all categories of immigrant visa processing fees will also decrease.
In recent years, Egypt has been one of the countries whose citizens received the largest number of immigrant visas from the DV program.
Congress should also pass a bill sponsored by Republican Gordon Smith and Democrat Edward Kennedy that would raise the number of special immigrant visas available for Iraqis and Afghans who have worked for the United States from 500 to 5,000 a year for the next five years.
Most of these fall under the heading of Title IV--Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visa Reform (which establishes a "Temporary Worker Task Force") and Title VI--Work Authorization and Legalization of Undocumented Individuals.