Duenser said virtual reality applications - which created fully immersive virtual environments - had been successful in treating conditions such as shellshock in war veterans and the Hit Lab planned to develop a virtual reality-based earthquake simulator to help treat post-traumatic stress disorders from quakes.
What does IVE stand for?
IVE stands for Immersive Virtual Environments
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVE
We have 33 other meanings of IVE in our Acronym Attic
- Intravenous Peripheral Digital Subtraction Angiography (vascular surgery)
- In Very Desperate Search Of (couponing)
- Illmatik Vibes_Delete:Thought
- Integrated Visual Data Technology Inc. (Oakville, Ontario, Canada)
- Integrated Voice/Data Terminal
- Interactive Videodisc Training
- Integrated Voice and Data Terminal Equipment
- Integrated Voice and Data Telecommunications System
- Individual Visual Display Unit (US Army)
- Intravenous Drug Use
- In-Vehicle Equipment (various locations)
- Instant Virtual Extranet
- Institute of Vitreous Enamellers (UK)
- Institute of Vocational Education
- Institutionalized Variety of English
- Instituto del Verbo Encarnado (Spanish: Institute of the Incarnate Word)
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Intelligent Virtual Environments
- Intendencia de Verificación Especial (Spanish)
- Interactive Voice Enquiry Systems (Ziconix Ltd.; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The volume is divided into five sections beginning with an overview of immersive virtual environments, and covering topics in areas such as teaching strategies for the virtual world, the design of interactive learning environments, disability and accessibility in the virtual world and the possible risks and drawbacks of immersive learning strategies.