FAAM is a highly agile, hit-to-kill weapon (with no warhead or fuze) with a combined millimeter-wave radar and imaging infrared seeker.
What does I2R stand for?
I2R stands for Imaging Infrared
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I2R
- Investigative Information Management System (US Air Force Office of Special Investigations)
- Information Innovation Office (US DoD)
- Ingres to Oracle (computer application migration)
- Intelligent Input/Output
- Idea to Product (academic competition; University of Texas at Austin)
- Industry Information Processor
- Information to Pharmacists (web magazine; Australia)
- Introduction to Physics (college course; various locations)
- Invisible Internet Project
- Ideas to Reality (various organizations)
- Institute for Infocomm Research
- Integer to Real (Just Another Scripting Syntax)
- Issue to Resolution (planning)
- Inferior to Superior
- Integer to String (programming)
- Intelligent Systems Solutions (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Inter IC Sound
- Internet Information Server (Microsoft)
- Integrated Intelligence Support System
Samples in periodicals archive:
JSOW is a family of low-cost, air-to-ground weapons that employs an integrated GPS- inertial navigation system and terminal imaging infrared seeker, guiding the weapon to the target, said a statemment from Raytheon.
Managed by ONR's Naval Air Warfare and Weapons Department as a Future Naval Capability (FNC), LCITS equips the unguided Hydra-70 rocket with a low-cost imaging infrared guidance solution to more accurately strike an intended target.
The imaging infrared version can track a target by locking onto the target's heat source to overcome darkness and inclement weather.
The mid-range munition, or MRM, is a chemical-energy warhead with a dual mode semi-active laser and imaging infrared seeker.
The US Army's XM1111 Mid-Range Munition (MRM) for the FCS Mounted Combat System has both imaging infrared and laser sensors.