The 18th century theorem states e^(i) pi+1=0, where e is the base of the natural logarithm, (i) the imaginary unit and pi the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
What does j stand for?
j stands for Imaginary unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of j
- Impact Zone Wrestling
- Infekcyjne Zapalenie Wsierdzia (Polish: Infective Endocarditis)
- Institute for Zoo and Wildlife (Berlin, Germany)
- Institute for Zero Waste in Africa (South Africa)
- Ischemic Zone Wall Thickening
- International Zoo Yearbook
- Inverse Zig-Zag Ordering
- Angular Momentum Quantum Number (used in formulae in quantum physics)
- Business Class
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Missouri (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When typing complex numbers into a Mathcad formula, it is important to note that i or j alone cannot be used to represent the imaginary unit.