Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is the most common and the most severe manifestation of a group of diseases known as idiopathic interstitial pneumonias (IIPs).
What does IIP stand for?
IIP stands for Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IIP
We have 123 other meanings of IIP in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Object Relations Therapy
- Imaging of Intrinsic Optical Signals (neurosurgery)
- Integrated Information Operation Strategy
- International Institute for Okinawan Studies (University of the Ryukyus; Japan)
- Investing in Our Schools (government iniative; Australia)
- Israel Institute for Occupational Safety and Hygiene
- Illinois Institute Of Technology
- Industrial Internet of Things (embedded system)
- Irrevocable Income-Only Trust (financial planning device)
- Investing in Our Youth
- Ignition Interlock Permit (various states)
- Illness and Injury Prevention
- Imaging Informatics Professional
- Immigrant Investor Program (Canada)
- Implementation Information Plan
- Included in Price
- Independent Infrastructure Provider
- Index of Industrial Production
- Indian Institute of Packaging
- Indian Institute of Petroleum
Samples in periodicals archive:
The text opens with an historical overview, followed by physiological and radiological features of common ILDs, such as idiopathic interstitial pneumonia, non-specific interstitial pneumonitis, and sarcoidosis, and uncommon ILDs, such as lymphangioleiomyomatosis, Langerhans cell granulomatosis, drug-induced lung disease, eosinophilic lung disease, alveolar proteinosis, and alveolar michrolithiasis.
Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia and drug-induced pneumonia are the most common types of interstitial pneumonia.
At Tohoku University Hospital in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Tamotsu Inomata, 45, suffering from idiopathic interstitial pneumonia, received the lungs.
Lactic dehydrogenase-immunoglobulin GK complex in a patient with idiopathic interstitial pneumonia.
Upon immunohistochemical examination, there were increased numbers of IgG4-positive plasma cells compared to the numbers for control patients with idiopathic interstitial pneumonia (62-235 IgG4-positive plasma cells per high-power field compared to 0-7 such cells for control patients).