Rotor Ice Protection System for all-weather capability will be available as an option.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Ice Protection System (aerospace engines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPS
We have 860 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- Irish Penal Reform Trust (Dublin, Ireland)
- Intellectual Property Rights Technical Assistance (website; Europe)
- Intellectual Property Research and Training Institute (Philippines)
- Child Support Information and Problem Resolution Unit (US DHHS; Hartford, CT)
- Injury Prevention Research Unit (New Zealand)
- Instituto Professor Rainoldo Uessler (Portuguese: Professor Rainoldo Uessler Institute; Brazil)
- Intellectual Property Rights Unit (various locations)
- Inactivated and Purified Rabies Virus
- Increased Pulmonary Residual Volume
- Internet Password Recovery Wizard
- Ideal Party Store (Bay City, MI)
- Ideal Performance State (Toughness Training for Life)
- Identity and Passport Service (UK)
- Illinois Public Schools
- Illustrative Planning Scenario
- Image Position Switching
- Image Print Services
- Image Printing Systems (Milwaukee, WI)
- Image Processing Section (biomedical imaging)
- Imagery Policy Series
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the S-76D helicopter's features are all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades; an advanced Thales avionics system and autopilot; dual rotor speed for quiet mode operation with active vibration control; Pratt & Whitney 210S engines; a quiet mode; and an optional Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) for all-weather capability.
Oct 15, 2010 FedEx, Yingling Aviation, Cessna Aircraft FedEx Express has contracted with modifications provider Yingling Aviation to install glycol-based TKS ice protection systems built by CAV Aerospace and Garmin G600 avionics in its fleet of more than 250 Cessna 208 Caravan cargo aircraft.
S/N 6002 is used to evaluate the aircraft's systems, while S/N 6003 tests the avionics,in-flight load measurement and ice protection system.
Reliability of the ice protection system has been problematic, but when it has been used, it performed well, said Col.
Nov 29, 2009 US FAA yesterday issued a Notice of Proposed Rule making to require "scheduled airlines to either retrofit their existing fleet with ice-detection equipment or make sure the ice protection system activates at the proper time," the agency said in a statement.