Stage 1 involves temporary rest from the insulting activity, ice, compression, elevation and early range of motion of the injured structure.
What does ICE stand for?
ICE stands for Ice, Compression, Elevation (medical; sprains, injuries, etc.)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICE
We have 783 other meanings of ICE in our Acronym Attic
- International Conference on Disability, Virtual Reality and Associated Technologies
- Incommensurate Charge Density Wave
- Integrated Chemical Detection & Warning System
- Initiative Center for Development of the Youth (Russia)
- Islington Crime, Drugs and Youth Partnership (UK)
- Indiana Commission on Disproportionality in Youth Services
- Iron County Development Zone Council (Wisconsin)
- Current Capacitive circuit Voltage (mnemonic for the phase relationship of the current (I) and voltage (E) in capacitive circuits(C))
- I Catch Everything (college football wide receiver motto)
- Ice Cold Enforcers (gaming clan)
- Icelandair, Iceland (ICAO code)
- Ifosfamide Cisplatin Etoposide (chemotherapy protocol)
- Igniting Creative Energy (national student contest)
- Illinois CIO Exchange
- Image Communications Equipment
- Image Correction & Enhancement (ASF)
- Image Creation Engine
- Immediate Consequent Event
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (US Department of Homeland Security; formerly parts of Immigration & Naturalization Service and US Customs)
- Impact Correlation Engine (ILOG)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Treatment: Ice, compression, elevation and massage.
PRICER (protection, rest, ice, compression, elevation, rehabilitation - for soft tissue injuries).
Think PRICES- protection, relative rest, ice, compression, elevation, and support.
Your initial treatment of your injuries has been wise--rest, ice, compression, elevation, or RICE.