Planning for the IYPE began in 2000; twelve-organizations--IUGS, IUGG, IGU, AGI, INQUA, AAPG, ILP, IUSS, ISRIC, GSL, TNO, and AIPG--were part of the initial effort to organize this special year for the Earth sciences and became Founding Partners.
What does IOSC stand for?
IOSC stands for IUSS (Integrated Undersea Surveillance System) Operations Support Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IOSC
We have 15 other meanings of IOSC in our Acronym Attic
- Ikitelli Organize Sanayi Bölgesi (Turkey)
- Input/Output Status Block (computing)
- Instituto de Olhos Saul Bastos
- Invitation Only Sports Baseball League
- Immigration Outreach Service Center
- Installation On-Scene Coordinator
- International Oil Spill Conference
- International Open Solutions Centre (London, UK)
- International Operators Support Conference
- Item of Service Code (various companies)
- Infantile-Onset Spinocerebellar Ataxia
- Intercept Oral Specimen Collection Device (trademark of OraSure Technologies; alcohol detection)
- International Organization of Securities Commissions
- Integrated Open System City Platform
- International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies
- Initial Operational Support Date
- International Organization for Sustainable Development (Brussels, Belgium )
- International Organizations of Sport for the Disabled (International Paralympic Committee)
- Institute of Oceanographic Sciences, Deacon Laboratory
- Immortalized Ovarian Surface Epithelial (oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soil analyses The soils of the forest sample plots were Gleyic Podzols on sand (according to IUSS Working Group WRB, 2006).
They are classified as Ferric Acrisols using the reference base of IUSS Working Group (2006) of the FAO, or as Typic Paleustults using the keys of Soil Survey Staff (2006) of the USDA.
1016/S0038-0717(97)00047-3 IUSS Working Group WRB (2006) 'World reference base for soil resources 2006.