11a/b support on a single card in a wireless/wired analyzer, and now through a close partnership with Atheros Communications, is offering the first support of all three IEEE wireless LAN standards.
What does 802.11a stand for?
802.11a stands for IEEE Wireless LAN Standard (IP over Ethernet, uses 5GHz band, nominal 54Mbps data)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Center Field (baseball scoring)
- 8-Phase Asymmetric Phase Shift Keying
- Eight-Disciplines of Problem Solving
- 8-Phase, Phase Shift Keying modulation scheme
- 8-Phase Symmetric Phase Shift Keying
- 8-Level Vestigial Sideband (Digital TV RF modulation format)
- Ate Up
- Eight to Fourteen Modulation
- 80-State Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- IEEE Wireless LAN protocol
- Wireless LAN Equipment Standard update (2.4GHz band, nominal 11Mbps througput)
- IEEE 802.11 High Rate (wireless LAN protocol)
- IEEE Standard for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (aka WiMAX)
- IEEE standard for Ethernet
- Set of IEEE Standards for LAN Protocols
- Hells Angels (H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, A is the 1st)
- 81mm Mortar Infrared Illumination Round
- 81st Infantry Division
- Thinking of You (beeper code)
- Eighty-Second Airborne Division
Samples in periodicals archive:
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 21, 2004 Project is one of the first large scale deployments of the new IEEE wireless LAN standard which offers up to 54 Mbps throughput The National University of Singapore (NUS), a leading research-intensive institution, has moved swiftly ahead with the deployment of higher capacity Wireless LAN solutions for its entire campus.
Our next generation products to be introduced in Q2/03 will fully support Cisco Compatible Extensions in addition to the IEEE wireless LAN standards for security.
11a is a high-performance, 5 GHz IEEE wireless LAN standard that offers data rates of up to 54 Mbits/second.