Ecrix announced availability of the IEEE 1394 interface, also known as FireWire or i.
What does 1394 stand for?
1394 stands for IEEE 1394 (high-speed serial bus with up to 400Mbps transfer speed; aka FireWire; aka i.Link; aka High Performance Serial Bus)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (Canadian forces armoured regiment)
- Prowler (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Aggravated Robbery Weapon (police radio code)
- Aggravated Robbery Manual (police radio code)
- Robbery (police radio code)
- Slang for the quarter mile (street racing)
- Assault with Intent Weapon (police radio code)
- Assault with Intent Manual (police radio code)
- [not an acronym] Elite (hackish)
- Compelling Execution of Documents (police radio code)
- Thirteenth Amendment
- 13th Armored Division
- Carbon-13 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- 13C-Octanoic Acid Breath Test (test to monitor gastric emptying)
- 14 Words of David Lane (hate movement tattoo/graffiti)
- Robbery Alarm - local (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Wounding with Intent to Injure (police radio code)
- I Love You
- Aggravated Wounding (police radio code)
- I Love You Too
Samples in periodicals archive:
DALLAS -- The 1394 Trade Association has established a new task group to develop an IEEE 1394 baseband over coaxial cable PMD specification for use across a wide range of automotive, residential, and industrial networking applications.
The IEEE 1394 serial bus standard is gaining significant support as the high-speed link of choice between the Personal Computer (PC) and Consumer Electronic (CE) worlds.
tecStream is the first home-networking solution to include an IEEE 1394 interface designed for networking HD content from AV hard drives, digital and HD-DVD players.
Don Harwood of Oxford Semiconductor, a leading member of the 1394 Trade Association, will direct the MPEG-4 over IEEE 1394 project, and the group will meet regularly beginning in March to complete its evaluation and report the results to the Architecture Work Group.
This IP licensing agreement gives further proof of the leadership status of Wipro's IEEE 1394 IP program.
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers NAB2004 LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 18, 2004 New Hardware and Software Solution Dramatically Lowers the Costs of HD Production Panasonic and Apple today announced the world's first implementation of IEEE 1394 FireWire with 100 Mbps DV-HD (the native video compression of Panasonic DVCPRO HD recording systems) to bring unmatched capabilities and dramatically lower price points to high definition (HD) post-production and content distribution.
According to Johansson, the Working Group during its efforts to assure quality of service guidelines, determined that the IEEE 1394 infrastructure can be easily adapted to IEEE 802.