Under the auspices of ICSU and WMO, emerging results were presented at major international conferences in St Petersburg (2009) and Oslo (2010).
What does ICSU-WDS stand for?
ICSU-WDS stands for ICSU (International Council for Science) World Data System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Conference on Solvo-Thermal Reactions
- International Coating Science and Technology Symposium
- Idaho Commons and Student Union (University of Idaho; Moscow, ID)
- Integrated Channel Service Unit
- Integrated Combat Systems University (martial arts; Victorville, CA)
- Integrated Commissioning and Start Up (oil exploration)
- Interactive Compilation System Upgrade
- Internal Channel Service Unit
- International Council for Science
- International Council of Scientific Unions (also seen as CIUC)
- International Council of Scientific Unions (Paris, France; est. 1931)
- Internal Carotid Systolic Velocity (vascular medicine)
- International Congress on Sound and Vibration
- Intestinal Contents Supernatant Viscosity (digestion)
- International Centre for the Study of Violence and Abuse
- Institute for Clinical Social Work (Chicago, IL)
- International Center for Spirit at Work (est. 1993; East Haven, CT)
- International Commission on Surface Water
- International Committee on Seafarers’ Welfare
- International Council on Social Welfare
Samples in periodicals archive:
19-23, 1996 Joint ICSU Press/UNESCO Expert Conference on Electronic Publishing in Science, available at http://www.
IGBP of the ICSU and HDP of the ISSC, Stockholm and Geneva.
Not unlike ICSU, Alabama State University's athletic department is a relative newcomer to using a Web content management system.
Because the ICSU is in contact with hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide, it is often called upon to represent the world scientific community.
Smith has sat on the council of the IUPAB for 12 years and is only the third Canadian to head an ICSU scientific union.
We already had ICSU (the International Council of Scientific Unions).