I grew up watching him in the classic 60s comedy I Dream of Jeannie and then followed all his machinations as cult villain JR in Dallas - surely one of the most iconic TV characters ever.
What does IDOJ stand for?
IDOJ stands for I Dream of Jeannie (TV show)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IDOJ
- In Defense of Freedom
- Instant Depth of Field (plugin for Newtek Lightwave 3D)
- International Day of Femslash (fan fiction event)
- Irish Dentists Opposing Fluoridation
- Improved Definition of the Objective Force
- International Doodle Owners Group
- Indiana Department of Health
- Indiana Department of Highways (now Indiana Department of Transportation)
- Indiana Department of Insurance (Indianapolis, IN)
- Individually-Developed Overseas Internship
- I Dream of Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron fansite)
- Iowa Department of Justice (Des Moines, IA)
- Interim Determination of K
- Illinois Department of Labor
- Imminent Defense of Life (law)
- Inclusion of Disabled in the Open Labour Market (EU program)
- Intelligent Data Operating Layer (Autonomy Corporation plc)
- Iowa Department of Labor
- In Defence of Marxism (website)
- In Denial Of Murder
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chadha, who also made Bollywood film Bride & Prejudice, is presently filming the movie version of I Dream Of Jeannie.
Media mavens like Sandra Bernhard, Carson Kressley, and Mondo Homo editor Richard Andreoli put in their two cents' worth on their faves, while Barbara Eden seems genuinely surprised that her I Dream of Jeannie character was a queer icon.